Robert Pattinson Worldwide

New Robert Pattinson’s Interview with ‘Die Welt’ – Germany

>> 2011/11/14

Photobucket Welt.de “People greet me while peeing”
“Twilight” actor Pattinson on the vampire hype and his new film

Welt Kompakt: Three years ago the “Twilight” hype began. Were there moments when you offered resistance?
Robert Pattinson: Yeah, at the very beginning when I had to attend a media advisory for interviews. The film producers were very peeved at me. Because the coach said: ‘Rob ruins everything.’ I’ve teased them all. There you should practice how to summarize the content of your film in ten seconds. And it doesn’t matter what you say, the main thing, it is short. Or we had simulated interviews where the guy said to me: “Hi Rob, I’m James from CNN …” I just laughed: “But you’re not James from CNN!” I thought to myself: If I play a vampire, I can do what I want.

Welt Kompakt: Now you have wrapped all the movies. Are you happy when the madness is over?
Robert Pattinson: How I feel, I can say to you in a year. Because then the very last part will be shown in the cinemas. Until then, I have to promote. I just can not imagine yet. To me it seems as if there was only “Twilight” in my life. But I myself am curious how other people see me in the future. For the entire three years I have spoken repeatedly about the same topics.



Welt Kompakt: What annoys you about the hype?
Robert Pattinson: It’s still a bit of getting used to if there are 400 fans in front of your hotel room calling your name until three o’clock in the morning. Then they pause exactly four hours and then it starts again. And once you show your face, they stand there in complete silence. I’m sure if any of them would be alone, he would never do that, it would be embarrassing for him. But there are many of such bizarre episodes: When I was peeing in public toilet, 20 people suddenly came up to me and wanted to greet me. I could only say: “Wait, I’ve not even washed my hands.”

Welt Kompakt: But it could be worse.
Robert Pattinson: That’s true. Really annoying is just one thing: Once you make it big, then you also have a large number of people who hate you. When I googled myself before “Twilight”, every comment was positive. But once your picture shows up everywhere, then that drives some people crazy. Fortunately, there is also an army of fans who defend me. This is almost like a sports team.

Welt Kompakt: Still googling yourself?
Robert Pattinson: Only for practical reasons. To find out if I said something stupid in an interview. So I can limit the damage.

Welt Kompakt: Could you actually still ask a girl for a normal date?
Robert Pattinson: That gets totally difficult. There are many girls who openly hit on me. But they don’t understand that that is totally unsexy. I know for a guy it’s such a ridiculous statement, but before the “Twilight” movies, nobody wanted to know about me. Logically, you know that now you can’t take it quite seriously. I started to distrust people. But that’s also not easy. Because some people who want to talk to me are really nice. I must be careful that I don’t mistrust the wrong person.

Welt Kompakt: And how do you find out the difference between those who earn your trust, and those to whom you give the cold shoulder?
Robert Pattinson: If I give someone my number, and the person did not call back. Then I can trust. And who’s calling me the next day, I never want to talk anymore! (bursts into laughter).

Source/via / via

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Breaking Dawn 2011

Eclipse 2010

Little Ashes 2008

The Haunted Airman 2006

Vanity Fair 2004

The Ring of the Nibelungs 2004

Tess of the D’Urbevilles

Bel Ami 2012

Remember Me 2010

Twilight 2008

The Summer House 2008

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2005

Biography

Robert Thomas-Pattinson was born on May 13, 1986, in Barnes, a suburb of London, the capital of England. His mother, Clare, worked for a modeling agency, and his father, Richard, imported vintage cars from the U.S. Robert is the youngest of three kids in the Pattinson family, and the only son. He has two older sisters. Elizabeth is three years older than he is, and Victoria is five years older. Pattinson became involved in amateur theatre through the Barnes Theatre Company. After some backstage experience there, he took on acting roles. He caught the attention of an acting agent in a production of Tess of the D'Urbervilles and began looking for professional roles. Since then he has performed in an amateur version of Macbeth at the Old Sorting Office Arts Centre, as well as trying his hand at modeling. more

Musical career

Pattinson plays guitar and piano, and composes his own music. He also appears as the singer of two songs on the Twilight soundtrack:
"Never Think", which he co-wrote with Sam Bradley,
and "Let Me Sign", which was written by Marcus Foster and Bobby Long.
The soundtrack for the film How To Be features three original songs performed by Pattinson and written by composer Joe Hastings.
Listen to Rob's music

Cosmopolis 2012

Water For Elephants 2011

New Moon 2009

How to Be 2008

Bad Mother's Handbook 2007

Filmography

# Maps to the Stars (2014) ... Jerome
# Hold on to Me
# The Rover (2013) .... Reynolds
# Mission: Blacklist
(2013)
# Cosmopolis (2012) .... Eric Packer
# Bel Ami (2012) ....Georges Duroy
# The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012) .... Edward Cullen
# The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011) .... Edward Cullen
# Water for Elephants (2011) .... Jacob Jankowski
# The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) .... Edward Cullen
# Remember Me (2010) .... Tyler Hawkins
# The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) .... Edward Cullen
# Twilight (2008/I) .... Edward Cullen
# Little Ashes (2008) .... Salvador Dalí
# How to Be (2008) .... Art
# The Summer House (2008) .... Richard
# Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) .... Cedric Diggory
# The Bad Mother's Handbook (2007) (TV) .... Daniel Gale
# The Haunted Airman (2006) (TV) .... Toby Jugg
# Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) .... Cedric Diggory
# Ring of the Nibelungs (2004) (TV) .... Giselher
# Vanity Fair (2004) (uncredited) .... Older Rawdy Crawley
PRODUCER
# Remember Me (2010) .... executive producer

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP